Total 0,00 €
Total 0,00 €
Show Cart


Boosting the emerging and sustainable microalgae and seaweed industry in Spain: diversification of species and applications with high commercial and environmental value. Funded in grants to groups of entities that carry out investment and reform projects in research for technological development, innovation and the balance of the commercialisation chain in the fisheries and aquaculture sector within the framework of the Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan (PRTR).


Implementing an ex situ Culture Collection of seaweeds from the Macaronesian region with increased interest in aquaculture and biotechnology. Funded under the Safe Seaweed Coalition's first call for projects in 2021.

Proyecto Algas 2021

The Algas 2021 project aims to test the production of microalgae in vocational training school laboratories in order to subsequently develop different applications. Funded in the 2021 call for grants for the implementation of innovation and applied research projects and knowledge transfer in vocational training, by the Ministry of Education and Vocational Training.

CCOST SeaWheat

CA20106 COST Action - Tomorrow’s ‘wheat of the sea’: Ulva, a model for an innovative mariculture. Funded in the Open Call - collection 2020 (OC-2020-1), COST “European Cooperation in Sicience and Technology".

FP – Programa Primera Experiencia en las Administraciones Públicas de Canarias

Hiring by public administrations and public institutional sector entities of unemployed young people over 16 and under 30 years old, in the form of internship contracts. Grant for the first professional experience programme in Public Administrations in the framework of the EU-funded NextGenerationEU Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan. Call 2021.


Canary Islands algae, blue biotechnology associated with biodiversity. Project co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) with a co-financing rate of 85% in the framework of the Canary Islands ERDF Operational Programme 2014-2020 and the other 15% by funds from the Government of the Canary Islands.


Network of Excellence in Blue Biotechnology. Consolidation, Certification and Transfer. Project co-financed 85% with ERDF funds from the Territorial Cooperation Programme INTERREG V A Spain-Portugal MAC 2014-2020, in its second call for projects.


Implementation and sustainability of microbial resource research infrastructure for the 21st century. This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation programme, under the Grant Agreement no 871129.


New technologies, Tools and Strategies for a Sustainable, Resilient and Innovative European Aquaculture. This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Programme under grant agreement no 86265.


Boosting Research Excellence & Innovation Capacity in Outermost Regions. This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 824550.


Food risks associated with ciguatoxins: monitoring and tracking the toxins and toxin-producing organisms in marine ecosystems (CIGUARISK). This project receives funding from the “R + D + I Projects” RETOS INVESTIGACIÓN “program of the General Directorate of Scientific and Technical Research, General Subdirectorate of Research Projects (Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness, AEI, FEDER).

The Spanish Bank of Algae participates in the Blue Biotechnology and Aquaculture Platform (BIOASIS Gran Canaria) leading the VALORA, BIORREFINERÍA, BIORREM and AQUACIRCULAR projects. This initiative is promoted by the Cabildo de Gran Canaria through Sociedad de Promoción Económica de Gran Canaria (SPEGC) and is funded by the Ministry of Science and Innovation (formerly the Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness).


Hub of Blue Biotechnology and Aquaculture



Unión Europea


Gobierno de Canarias


Alertas Tecnológicas


iconMuelle de Taliarte, s/n 35214 - Telde Gran Canaria - España

icon+34 928 133 290

icon+34 928 132 830

Main Menu